Monday, October 17, 2011

Missing Frankfurt Posts & Miss Julie's Librarian Blog

I am somwhere between furious & grateful for the Blackberry issues last week.   I posted several times from Frankfurt that were duly sent off into the electronic atmosphere from my Blackberry and never made to my blog for consumption.  Still can't figured out what happened.  I am furious because I spent 3-4 hours pecking out several posts using up the precious little spare time I had of last week.  I should be grateful because what I was sharing was forced at the end of some long days and probably not that interesting. 

I can share one thing - people commenting on whether Frankfurt was slow or busy (I heard both)- does that really matter?  Frankfurt is so appointment driven - I had packed schedule and saw the people I needed to meet with and that is what matters.  There are pleasant surprises and you do make connections at parties and receptions, but I know before I get on the plane leaving JFK if Frankfurt is going to be slow or busy.  I was swamped and will be busy for the next six weeks just following up on everything. 

Below is a link to Miss Julie's current post The Cybil Awards; or,"if you liked it then you should have put a medal on it." It is a great explanation on The Cybils, which are the Children’s and Young Adult Bloggers’ book awards.

BEA's Official Librarian Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment